The Oakleigh Golf Club was incorporated in 1979 and is a member of the Victorian Golf League. Our small but friendly club has excellent clubroom facilities and we encourage a high standard of play and etiquette. Our group involves players of all ages and skill levels. Player handicaps currently range from a minimum of 7 all the way up to 36
We meet every Saturday morning to play 18 holes at the picturesque Oakleigh Public Golf course. The course itself is challenging without proving overly intimidating. The fairways are lush, tees flat and the greens well kept and manicured. Scotchman’s Creek runs through the middle of the course providing a hazard for errant tee shots.
The course also features three practice driving cages, a practice putting green, social club room and social BBQ facilities.
After three completed rounds and signed stroke scorecards, each player will receive an official Golf
Australia (GA) handicap which is recognised worldwide.
Like at Oakleigh, your "GA"
handicap will have its
equivalent local handicap at
various golf courses depending
on the course's rating.
Each player has a chance of winning the weekly competition based on the handicap system which works as the perfect skill equalizer.
For more information contact Ramon Leoncio at - email@example.com
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEES:
The annual membership fee covers your insurance for damage to property and persons as well as covering your golf clubs in the event that they are stolen.
ADULTS – - $75
JUNIORS – 12-18 years of age - $30
For your convenience, annual
fees may be paid by EFT:
Westpac, BSB: 033-065,
Account No: 116013. Use your
name as reference.
WEEKLY ONGOING COSTS:
GREEN FEES - $25 for 18 holes
Annual membership or multi-pass
special available at pro-shop :
WEEKLY COMPETITION FEES - $6
(Juniors - $3)
Includes free meal
Every Saturday morning for a round of early-bird 18 holes of golf. Tee off time is 7 a.m.
COURSE - Oakleigh Public Golf Course
LOCATION - Park Road, Oakleigh.
HOLES - 18 b
PAR - 58
DISTANCE (WINTER) - 2872 meters
DISTANCE (SUMMER) - 2748 meters
Minimum dress requirements are outlined below to avoid confusion and embarrassment.
- Clothing that is clean, neat and tidy
- Collared shirts (collars include turtleneck design)
- Shorts to be at least mid thigh length. Cargo shorts are allowed
- Soft spiked golf shoes or flat soled athletic shoes
- Ripped, torn or dirty clothing
- Singlets or sleeveless t-shirts
- Football shorts, board shorts or tracksuit pants
- Work boots
We have a range of handicap competitions that are conducted on a weekly basis allowing our members to play at their own level. Competitions include:
- Match play
The club also runs a number of prestigious annual tournaments:
- Summer Cup
- Autumn Cup
- Winter Cup
- Spring Cup
- Oakleigh Cup
- Club Championships (both scratch and handicap)
- President’s Plate
- Captain’s Trophy
- Monthly VGL medals
- Additionally, there are weekly competitions for closest to the pin (on selected rotating holes) and longest drive.
- Weekly competitions
- Official Australian handicaps
- Inter-club pennant competitions*
- Low membership fees
- Pre bookings and early tee-off times
- Access to clubhouse facilities
- Practice nets and putting green usage
* subject to VGL full membership
2018 CLUB OFFICERS:
President: Robert Jamieson
Vice-President: Peter McGrath
Secretary: Ramon Leoncio
Treasurer: Raj Luiz
Captain: Michael Plowman
Captain: Rod Seach
Handicapper: Dave Devlin
- Terry Enua